Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Romance Novels

A quick note to my what like one reader :) I posted a lot at once and no one commented on my short story "What goes down, must come up" so please go back and read it :) Thanks. Also a note to AJ you should read all the Harry Potter novels and I have no idea how you managed to stop after 4 or 5 that's just sad! :)

Book #6: The Hollow By: Nora Roberts

Alright so far I have only been writing about fantasy type books, but I also happen to like romance novels. I was actually planning on reading a different book when I went to the store and realized that this one was out. The Hollow is the second book in Nora Roberts sign of seven trilogy. I like to read her books just because they are quick reads, and while you can usually guess that everyone is going to end up together and live happily ever after, they are still fun to read. Plus she usually has an interesting plot to go along with the story.


The sign of seven trilogy is about three men and three women and their fight with evil. It takes place in town called Hawkins Hollow where every seven years, madness takes over the town for seven days. The men are three best friends that took an oath to be blood brothers when they were ten. They ended up unleashing an evil power on the town. The interesting thing is that these three men were born on the same day, at the same time. They were all born in the seventh month (July) and on the seventh day. (In case you haven’t caught on the whole seven as an evil number thing). Their ancestor was a man named Gill Dents and he left his power to vanquish evil for them to find about 300 years later.


The first book was about Caleb and Quinn. Caleb and her both have the power to see the past. They get flashes from what happened before. The first book also introduced the rest of the characters. Fox and Layla, and Gage and Cybil.


This second book is about Fox and Layla, who both have the power to see the present. They can sense feelings and emotions, and also can read minds to some extent. This book was a fun read and I can’t wait till the end comes out in December. Here are a few quotes I enjoyed:


You’ll layer the rest onto it eventually. You’ll have to. You’re human and you’re female. We have to layer on emotions and concerns, consequences. ~Cybil

(Chapter 4, P. 67)


Perhaps love does not come in an instant, but takes lifetimes. Is this how I knew, in that instant, such love? ~Ann

(Chapter 9, P. 132)


Of course it’s not all right now. None of it’s all right. So I’m just going to hold on to you until I can handle it again. ~Layla

(Chapter 10, P. 155)


Any art, or music that gives you pleasure, or makes you think—or better makes you wonder; it’s—it’s what makes us human. The need to create it, to have it. ~Layla

(Chapter 11, P.176)


Ok so on to my next adventure in reading!

No comments: